Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 8th

I can't believe it is April 8th already! Life is getting better and better. My body seems to be shifting and changing. I don't know if any of you can understand what I am about to tell you but for someone who has been as overweight and out of shape as I have been, this is rather significant. I had a very busy, physical day today...faciliating a networking workshop all morning, walking a lot this afternoon...and then walking from the subway to the BlueJays baseball game and back again...and the really weird part is that my legs felt great. They were tired but I didn't experience the horrible pain in my knees that would usually make me limp and even more strange is the fact that I could feel my entire leg moving. Usually I shuffle along and take small strides (because that is all I can do) but this time I could feel my entire leg swing in motion. It actually felt as if I was taller! I could stand up better and walk better. Usually my feet hurt a lot even without the physical exercise...but although they are tired, they do not ache.

Oh...and I met my friend (who has the tickets) at Harvey's (where we usually meet) and instead of having a burger and fries and a diet coke....I had a hot grilled chicken salad with a cup of tea. I was actually looking forward to the salad!

So just for fun I weighed myself tonight...and since I started on the USANA products on March 15th, I have officially lost 15.4 pounds...and feel fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. happy to hear about your progress!! 15 pounds is alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog - way to go for starting one, and I am very proud of you for starting your journey! I know how difficult it is....I can definitely relate to the feelings you write about. Please know that I am always here for support! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete